A NOTE ABOUT GARBAGE...
- Garbage Fees are $180.00 annually, if paid in advance. Otherwise, $55.00 per quarter for a total of $220.00 per year.
- Munhall Borough provides weekly, residential collection of normal, household garbage either curbside, in alley or in another designated area.
- Garbage pickup may be delayed one day, due to holidays. Please refer to the calendar on this website for information regarding Borough holidays.
- Munhall Borough also offers Commercial Waste Services. More information can be found by clicking HERE.
- Munhall Borough offers Recycling Services. More information can be found by clicking the Recycling Logo to the left or by clicking HERE.
- A maximum of ten (10) garbage bags or two (2) trash cans will be collected.
- Cans may not be larger than 33 gallons and must have handles.
- Garbage should be placed into trash bags that are sealed, or garbage cans. Please be mindful of the weight of both cans and bags. Overweight cans and bags may be refused. For example, a garbage bag filled with books and magazines, that has a propensity to rip when lifted, may be refused. Bags or containers over 40 pounds may be refused.
- Most household waste will be collected from your residence. You may occasionally place a larger item, such as a couch, piece of wooden furniture or mattress out with your regular garbage. If it will fit into the truck easily, and can be crushed, we will collect it. No more than two pieces at a time. Certain restrictions apply.
- METAL ITEMS, such as file cabinets, bicycles, metal shelving, and all other metal items are collected once per month on the last working Friday of the month. If you have a metal item you need to dispose of, a special request is required. This service is free to Borough residents. Please use our Garbage Request form to request this special pickup. You can access the form by clicking HERE.
- MULTIPLE ITEM PICKUP service is available to all Borough residents. The Multiple Item Pickup service is to be used, for instance, when you are cleaning out a house or apartment, or have an abnormally large amount of garbage to be collected. There is a fee of $150 for this service. Please use our Garbage Request form to request this service. You can access the form by clicking HERE.
- FREON CONTAINING DEVICES, such as refrigerators, window air conditioners, freezers, dehumidifiers, water coolers and other devices are no longer collected by the Borough of Munhall. In order to be in strict compliance with Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection regulations governing the recycling of freon, all freon-containing appliances will now be recycled by Appliance Disposal. You can visit their website by clicking HERE or by calling 888-GO-FREON. There may be a small charge to use their services.
- BRUSH, TREE TRIMMINGS AND CHRISTMAS TREES will be picked up by the Borough as a special request. Brush, branches and trees should be bundled or cut into 4 - 5 foot lengths and placed at your normal trash collection location. Again, a special request is required for this service. This is a free service for Borough Residents. Please use our Garbage Request form to request this service. You can access the form by clicking HERE.
- HAZARDOUS WASTE will not be collected by Munhall Borough. You can click HERE to find the next hazardous waste collection event.
- Starting January 1st, 2013 Pennsylvania State law requires all televisions and electronic devices be recycled through a county program. This means that the municipality will no longer accept televisions, computers or any monitors over 4 inches in length or width.
Please call 911 for any emergency or to speak to an officer.
CHRISTMAS TREE PICK UP
Please just put your Christmas Tree
out with your regular garbage.
Our Public Works Department wil come around
AFTER the garbage pick up to pick up your tree.
2015 RECYCLE CALENDAR
You may print here.
A CALENDAR WILL BE SENT WITH
YOUR GARBAGE BILL
You can now view our council meetings via YouTube!
Need to contact the Borough Tax Office?
You can now dial direct... 412-464-7315